Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Broken Families and a Hitman

So I've decided to try a 1 Movie-Per-Week thing.

Two weeks ago I saw Tyler Perry's "The Family that Preys".
As per usual with any Tyler Perry drama, it makes you laugh, it makes you sad, and for me, it was a damned good time.

It wasn't the best thing I've seen all year (not mentioning The Dark Knight), but it was crazy funny. Synopsis being; a working class black woman gets help from a rich white woman (They're best friends) for the wedding of her daughter, the daughter is stuck up (for someone who grew up poor), eventually gets a job working in the white woman's multi million dollar construction company, while her husband, is a construction worker of that company.

Scandal ensues.
I'm not going to rate it (not that kind of blog), so I'm going to direct you to the imdb page.

I don't agree with the 3/10 rating, but it got incredibly mixed reviews, but hey, watch it with a friend.

Last week, Bangkok Dangerous...
Was a disappoinment. It's basically your regular hitman movie, with the star (Nicholas Cage) going against hitman rules and getting himself in trouble. Y'know "don't get personal", etc...

It was exciting at times, and the guy's great with numbers, but the Pang Brothers (ever notice these movies are directed by a set of siblings?) didn't do much that we haven't seen before.

Again: imdb.

Enjoy, next week, Max Payne (please don't let me down...)
~Me.

No comments: